Sunday, May 3, 2009

Extra Credit
X-Men Origins
5/3/09
Brotherly Love
The first thing that I have to get off my chest is how hot Wolverine looked exploding out of the tank when they were putting the adamantine skeleton in. Then especially when he jumped off the waterfall naked, I found my mouth watering and my heart pounding. I love the X-men movies but still find a bad taste in my mouth from X3 where they killed Xavier (really idiotic). I am glad that I went to see this movie. It was very emotionally engaging. The battle scenes were absolutely wonderful. I really liked Deathstrike (Wade) before they changed him. I thought that he was extremely hilarious.
I could not believe how old that Sabertooth and Wolverine were. 1845 is when the movie began, and I also did not know that they were brothers. I also did not know that he had the claws before, but they were only bones. The fact that Sabertooth saved him in the end and he actually seemed to forgive him was slightly mind boggling.I have been following the X-Men for years and felt extremely stupid that I did not know this before going to see this movie. It really made you feel for Wolverine and all that he has been through.
When you first found out that Wolverine’s girlfriend had betrayed him, you wanted to jump through the screen and bitch slap her. Then you find that she did it for her sister and you want to cry. In the end, when Wolverine did not know who she was, but had felt a very intense love for her before she died, you also wanted to jump through the screen and bitch slap him. I wish that she would have used her powers of persuasion to kill Striker, but then it would not be good for the rest of the movies. All in all, I thought that this movie was much better than the other X-Men movies. The special effects were great, the action was intense and the emotional aspects were gripping. The only problem is that it was a quite predictable story line.

1 comment: